[MPlayer-users] animatrix

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Wed Apr 23 06:32:10 CEST 2003

Luis.F.Correia wrote:
> Download version 0.90 final.
>
> It has all the patches that are needed to watch all Animatrix movies.

I am able to get video and audio out of the Animatrix movies using 0.90,
but the sync is way off. The video lags the audio by seconds, though
both seem to be playing smoothly and CPU usage is less than 50%. Oddly,
other recent Quicktime movies, such as a couple of Matrix trailers have
no sync problems. The huge (1000 x 540) Matrix trailer is too much for
my Duron 800 to decode smoothly all the way through, so it drops some
frames, but it still keeps sync. I notice that the Animatrix movie uses
audio codec "QDM2," while the trailer uses "mp4a," or AAC.

Another odd thing is that MPlayer-0.90 reports that it's 0.90rc5, though
I built it from the correct tarball. I guess the define in the source
must not have been updated. I rebuilt MPlayer before I realized that the
  reported and actual versions didn't match.

Jonathan Rogers