[MPlayer-users] v4l a/v sync problem

Steven Adeff adeffs at rpi.edu
Sat Apr 19 19:15:52 CEST 2003

I beleive this is related to the audio sync problem mencoder has with the
mpeg4/lame combination of encoding, it seems to manifest itself on random
peoples computers(I'm one, and I'm putting together a bug report now),
hopefully it will get solved soon.

On Friday 18 April 2003 04:11 pm, Jordan wrote:
> I have an a/v sync problem when recording with v4l. I have a Hauppauge
> WinTV Radio with stereo sound using the bttv driver. I use btaudio to
> record with this:
>
> mencoder -tv on:driver=v4l:width=576:height=432 \
> -tv norm=NTSC:chanlist=us-cable:channel=56 \
> -tv forcechan=2:amode=1:audiorate=32000:adevice=/dev/dsp1 -srate 32000 \
> -vop pp=tn/lb,crop=562:432:6:0 -ofps 25 \
> -oac mp3lame -lameopts br=128 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=2000 \ -endpos $TIMER -o
> /home/xero/tmp/video/$1-`date +%b%d-%I.%M`.avi
>
> At first, everythings fine, then slowly a/v sync starts to go. It's first
> noticable around 4-5 minutes into the file. I tried adding -srate to fix it
> but it doesn't do anything noticable. When I use nvrec the sync is fine
> with btaudio so I don't believe this is a driver problem. If I don't use
> btaudio I don't see this problem.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Steven Adeff
AOLIM:"IndieRockSteve"

Those who can think, do; those who cannot, dress funny.

"Bodies are for hookers and fat people" - Bender

You can teach the ignorant, with the stupid there is no hope.

"You see, eventually your music will help put an end to war
and poverty, it will align the planets and bring them into
universal harmony, allowing meaningful contact with all
forms of life."
-Bill 'n' Teds Excellent Adventure