[MPlayer-users] New to mplayer and can't run my movies.

Carsten Schultz carsten at gnocchi.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Fri Apr 18 15:49:43 CEST 2003

Hi,

the output ends at a crucial point, I can't see what VO you are using.
Anyway, try using `-vo x11', it isn't best, but safest.  Tell us
whether that works and what video hardware/driver you are using, and
send full `mplayer -v' output of MPlayer failing to show video.

Greetings,

Carsten

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 01:23:29PM +0000, Khalid El-Kary wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm have just got MPlayer running after compilation, and I had some ASF
> files on my windows disk, and I knew that MPlayer supports this format,
> when I got to run it (from the command line) It gave no error messages and
> found the codecs for audio and video, but when it got to run I just hear
> the sound but I see a badly colored screen for the video, did I miss
> anything, here is the output generated by MPlayer before running the movie:
>
> Using GNU internationalization
[snip]

--
Carsten Schultz (2:40, 33:47), FB Mathematik, FU Berlin
http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~cschultz/