[MPlayer-users] Re: Making VCD / SVCD from rendered animation?

Tobias Diedrich ranma at gmx.at
Thu Apr 17 16:06:31 CEST 2003

Tyler Eaves wrote:

> the sound pops like crazy (I put a little classical music in the background),
> no image at all. mplayer plays SVCD fine. DVD player is a Go Video 4000,
> which claims to support SVCD.

Are you sure you used the right parameters for the video encoding?
For PAL
mpeg2enc -f 4 -n p -F 3 -a 2 -q 8 -V 230 -b 2500
should work, For NTSC
mpeg2enc -f 4 -n n -F 4 -a 2 -q 8 -V 230 -b 2500
should be ok.

I use mplex to mux and vcdimager -t svcd to make the image.
Also, I'd recommend you to use Tsunami (win32 mpeg encoder) instead of
mpeg2enc if you can (TMPGEnc works fine in crossover plugin wine, if you
install ffdshow and up the priority of the Directshow avi reader),
because the resulting quality is much better.

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com
This mail is made of 100% recycled bits