[MPlayer-users] Encoding starts fast, then slows down

Wendy Tromp wendy at snuffel.net
Wed Apr 16 14:26:01 CEST 2003

> ah its' a laptop? then it may be the speedstep (cpu is slown down
> when it gets hot) thingie

I heard about speedstep before, but I have never been able to find it, can
you tell me how I can disable it (provided that I have it)?
But then again, I don't believe that when the problem is temperature, only a
reboot can solve it, and idle time can't. I have tried leaving it idle a
while and then start over, which was no use.....

Wendy Tromp