[MPlayer-users] Re: mencode + mplay = timeshifting

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Apr 14 19:38:45 CEST 2003

Hi.

> The best solution might be to add `-of ogg/ogm' support directly to
> mencoder.  Don't know why it hasn't already been done.  Maybe problems
> with the mencoder design...?

Well... AFAIK the only Linux user/MPlayer developper who really knows
how to mux a ogg/ogm is me, and I don't have the time nor the motivation
to do that. Ogm is a mediocre file format, and I would never be able to
sanely include all of ogmmerge's options into mencoder.

(Oh... I use nvrec for capturing TV so I don't have any problems with
AVI's file size limitations. Otherwise I might already have added -og
ogm support ;))

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)