[MPlayer-users] Is libdha kernelhelper useful?

Joonas Koivunen rzei at mbnet.fi
Mon Apr 14 22:51:44 CEST 2003

On Sunday 13 April 2003 20:38, Bob Cheng wrote:
> [cyberblade] Found chip: CyberBlade/i1
> libdha: DHA kernelhelper open failed: No such device
dha stands for direct hardware access, or something like that..

> But the movie is played anyway. Since I can't make the libdha kernelhelper
> on my Redhat 7.3 with the stock kernel, is libdha worth the effort to build
> it?
i doubt, if you don't have any video output performance problems. i haven't
been able to build it, dunno wheter it's being maintained, the dha module i
mean.

> By the way, which one has better performance: fbdev,vesa or xvidix?
that i do not know, but you seem to use the same driver (vidix) with every one
of those outputs, so i guess it's almost the same. try running mplayer with
-benchmark.

> Bob Cheng
-rzei