[MPlayer-users] Retry: qt audio problem

David Shochat shochat at acm.org
Sun Apr 13 13:22:32 CEST 2003

Thanks for your response. Comments interspersed.

Corey Hickey wrote:

>> MPlayer 0.90rc5-3.2.2 (C) 2000-2003 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)
>>
> [SNIP]
>
> RC5 is way old. Download and build CVS or 0.90, and try that.

That was 0.90. That's the message it prints out. Are other people seeing
it print out a message that just says 0.90? Just to be sure, I rebuilt
from the tarball from scratch. Even if I go into the MPlayer-0.90 build
directory and do ./mplayer, I still see that version message with the rc5.

> If you
> still have trouble, make sure your quicktime codecs are up to date
> (there's a link on the mplayer download page).

I downloaded them yesterday. Specifically, I got
qt6dlls.tar.bz2 and
qtextras.tar.bz2
untarred them, and then copied the contents of both into /usr/lib/win32
(along with the files from win32codecs.tar.bz2, also re-downloaded
yesterday).

> Then, update your
> codecs.conf:
>
> replace /etc/mplayer/codecs.conf (system wide)
> or ~/.mplayer/codecs.conf (user-specific)
> with /path/to/mplayer/source/etc/codecs.conf

Actually, I had no /etc/mplayer. So I created it and copied
(path)/MPlayer-0.90/etc/codecs.conf to it. No codecs.conf in ~/.mplayer.
Same result.