[MPlayer-users] VP3 support in mplayer?

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Apr 9 05:28:06 CEST 2003

Charles Blackburn wrote:
> hi
>
> I was just wondering if VP3 support is going to be included in mplayer?
> it's a new format used by winamp. They call it nullsoft video.
>
> VP3 is fully OSS. http://www.vp3.com/vp3/tar/index.shtml
>
> any ideas?

"Nullsoft video"? Why are they calling it that? Do you have a URL? (I
didn't see anything on www.winamp.com, and forums.winamp.com seems
dead.)

In any case, as I mentioned in another mail a few days ago, somebody was
working on VP3/Theora support for libavcodec (and, hence, mplayer), but
there hasn't been any traffic on the matter in a long while. Nobody else
added to that, so I suppose that's the best anyone knows at this point.

If you're strongly curious, then read the archives of the ffmpeg-devel
mailing list: