[MPlayer-users] How can I generate multi-track divx files ?

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Tue Apr 8 13:11:27 CEST 2003

Maximilien wrote:
> Hi there !
>
> I tried finding a guide to encoding two (or more) sound tracks in a
> single divx avi file and I really found nothing. For the moment, I
> bundle a separate mp3 file with the movie but I guess there are
> "cleaner" ways to do this.
>
> I saw advises about using ogm as it seems quite good for the
> encapsulation and the sound compression but I have no ogmtools (BTW I am
> using Mac OS X).
>
> I also would like to know more about ogm files and tools.
>
> If some of you have advices and/or URLs for both of the topics I would
> like to study a bit, please tell me.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help, and please forgive if the answers are
> straightforward as I have really done my best to find by myself.

Newest avimerge utility from transcode can handle files produced by
mplayer and can be used to merge more audio tracks into one .avi file.

If you don't want to install whole transcode, you can compile just this

http://kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz/~makovick/avimerge/avimerge.tgz

Regards,
--
Jindrich Makovicka