[MPlayer-users] {ERROR5,c=?} error MSG... What is it?

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Mon Apr 7 06:50:06 CEST 2003

Joonas Koivunen wrote:
> pasting the whole mencoder output nonsnipped to get versions compilers etc.
> might help a lot. if i run into strange errors like this i use grep and/or
> find :)
>
> the reason why it changes the fps could be that it detects a telecine stuff
> and then undetects it again :) or otherway around..
>
> -rzei

If you're encoding from DVD, you probably don't need to do `cat *.vob |
mencoder', as `mencoder -dvd 1' usually suffices and is much cleaner/
easier. The only exceptions to this I've found are a couple really
weirdly-mastered DVDs that have an empty title 1 and all the content
is within the navigation menu. In this case, I found it nicer to
$ cat *.vob | mplayer -dumpsteam -
and then use mencoder on the stream.dump.

If you still have trouble, then consider reading DOCS/bugreports.html,
and at least send the _full_ output of mencoder, as Joonas Koivunen
suggests.

-Corey