[MPlayer-users] DVD rip skips every other odd frame

Hugo Ferreira hmf at netvisao.pt
Sun Apr 6 10:20:36 CEST 2003

Hi,

I was trying to back-up a DVD (rg-2) and the results were not good. The
resulting video just speeds past with no audio. I did this trying the 3 pass
and single pass methods. I also noticed that every other odd frame is
skipped.

I checked the manual and mailing list and have read about "field based
interlaced movies" and how these should be done in a single pass. The manual
shows (-vop) post processing options for deinterlacing and/or deinterleaving.

My experiments have nevertheless failed. Am I going in the right direction?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx,
Hugo.