[MPlayer-users] dvd rip(mencoder) using -aspect 16:9

Nicolas Velasquez spidyno at yahoo.es
Sat Apr 5 18:04:38 CEST 2003

When I rip a dvd the aspect is screwed, but if I play the resulting avi like
this:
"mplayer movie.avi -aspect 16:9"
then the movie plays with the appropriate aspect.

I read in the man page that mpeg4 can store the aspect, but I want the windows
users to be able to see the movie, I tried to rip like this:
"mencoder -aspect 16:9 -dvd-device ../dvd dvd://1 -vf crop=694:346:20:86 -ovc
lavc -oac copy -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=700 -o movie.avi"

but without success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nicolas