[MPlayer-users] Encoding several languages (from a DVD)

Clemens Wächter clemenswaechter at web.de
Sat Apr 5 13:19:02 CEST 2003

On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 02:14:14 +0900
Kalin KOZHUHAROV <kalin at ThinRope.net> wrote:

> DOCS/bugreports.html] Hi all!
>
> I was trying to encode DVDs lately, but I want to keep several
> languages. I guess there is a way to put two audio streams in a single
> avi (or ogg?), but I am not so interested in that.

Well but I think thats the best solution. I am encoding that way
lately. Should work for windows users, too.

> I would like to have one (say English) audio + video AVI file and
> several audio only files. So, when I need another (say french)
> language, I just do something like:
>
> cat movie.en.avi | mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -audiofile
> audio.fr.avi -o movie.fr.avi -
>
> a quite fast operation, I guess.

It surely is. I did it that way before I used ogg. But I suggest
you do it the following way:

ln -s audio.fr.avi frameno.avi
mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -xvidencopts pass=2 -o out.avi video.avi

This fixes the avi sync problem. -audiofile never kept the sync for me.

Clemens