[MPlayer-users] mencoder: realaudio -> wav ; can't get it to work

Hakon G hakon_ at everyday.com
Sat Apr 5 02:39:45 CEST 2003

Hi!
I'm new to the mencoder. Now I'm about to convert a realaudio (cook) into a wav file so that i can burn it to a cd-audio.
The Real support is from the RealOnePlaner's .so files.
I've checked the manpage so I think I have a clue on how to do. I try this:
# mencoder source.rm -oac pcm -o target.wav

MPlayer has proven to be able to play this stream, but when I run the above command I get some errors like:

Unknown extra header dump: [3c] [0] [9] [0] [f] [0] [58] [2] [8] [0] [1] [0] [0] [2] [4] [0] [0] [2f]
skip_str: 0 bytes skipped
skip_str: 16 bytes skipped
Not audio/video stream or unsupported!
Segfault

I also see a bit above:
File not found: 'frameno.avi'
I have no idea what this is about??

Perhaps I have only missed a procedure? I'd appreciate some hint.
By the way, pardon for the multipart message. I don't think I can turn that off at the webmail service.
Thanks, Hakon