[MPlayer-users] Re: one input button of menu quits working after choosing [open...]

Jason Lunz lunz at falooley.org
Thu Apr 3 18:42:00 CEST 2003

justin_case at gmx.net said:
> i built my mplayer with --enable-menu and the menu itself works perfectly
> allright.
> but: i can use the [up] and [down] keys to navigate /until/ i choose
> [open...]. from here on the [down] key simply quits working.

I posted a patch for this on -devel:

http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2003-March/016899.html

but it was ignored.

The problem has to do with the down key being mistakenly recognized as
an alphanumeric under some locales. You can work around the problem by
unsetting LANG (thus using the standard "C" locale) before running
mplayer.

Jason