[MPlayer-users] Question about mplayer/mencoder

Pigeon pigeon at pigeond.net
Thu Apr 3 02:48:08 CEST 2003

> That may look like lots of steps, but it really only takes a few
> minutes. Bear in mind that if your DVD upscales the Y axis
> ( VO: [xv] 720x480 => 720x540 Planar YV12 )
> You'll have to adjust your calculations accordingly.

	Thanks a lot. That is indeed a very detail instruction. Maybe it
should go into the FAQ somewhere :)

	BTW, what about encoding into mpg? Is that still buggy (as mentioned
in the encoding.html)

	What I've done what the HOWTO reckons, i.e.:

	mencoder -of mpeg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg1video -oac copy
<other options> media.avi -o output.mpg

	And the output is playable under mplayer, but with no sound. And not
really playable under xine (lagging, pausing itself, etc)

	Thanks again.

Pigeon.