[MPlayer-users] TVout without X.

Jeremy Brenner jeremy at theedge.net
Mon Sep 30 21:04:01 CEST 2002

> 2. What is the best card to buy to have output on a tv WITHOUT X
> running? Preferbly i would just like to SSH into my linuxbox and play a
> movie on the tv.

I use a creative dxr3/h+ for just that purpose.  Although mplayer has to
reencode anything that isn't mpeg1/2 so you need some processor.  The tv
out is beautiful though.  If there is a good video out card with a
framebuffer that could work similar I am interested, that way I don't
have to reencode the video on the fly.  I am very happy with the dxr3
though.

jeremy