[MPlayer-users] fullscreen

Christof Buergi christof at buergi.lugs.ch
Mon Sep 30 19:10:02 CEST 2002

Am Montag, 30. September 2002 17.06 schrieb Moritz Bunkus:
> There is - consistency. MPlayer should behave the same regardless of
> the -vo selected. For some hitting 'f' also (hardware-)zooms the
> video, for some not.

That's exactly the point. If the -vo chosen supports any form of
hardware scaling, it is zoomed automagically. Normally, this is what
you want. If not, you can still change this behaviour.

If the -vo does *not* support hardware scaling, though, MPlayer does
not fall back to software scaling for pretty obvious reasons. Well, at
least they are obvious to anybody who knows, how heavily software
scaling drains your CPU-power.

Remember, that part of MPlayers success story is it's speed.

--
                     _ ___      http://www.p2501.ch/             / \
|/  /\   /\   /\  | \   |  |    christof at buergi.lugs.ch          \ /
|\ /--\ /  \ /  \ | /_  |  |    I'm breaking for DAUs, too!       x
                                Say NO to HTML in mail and news  / \