[MPlayer-users] Installation problem

Edith Gross egrossde at yahoo.de
Sat Sep 28 20:17:02 CEST 2002

On Saturday 28 September 2002 19:27, Chris Phillips wrote:

> > Does this mean, I should call rpm with the --upgrade option three times
> > (on the three parts of the new mplayer version)?
>
> Three parts?? what three parts? just upgrade the single rpm file.
I read this on the page http://mirrors.sctpc.com/dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/

2002-09-06
0.90pre7 packages available.
NEW in this release:

new package layout: mplayer-common, mplayer, mplayer-gui

subfont tool is now included, as mplayer_subfont (mplayer-tools package)

The same applies for pre8. So the rpms consists of three parts in the new
package layout.

As far as the upgrading is concerned, of course you are right. But then, you
are not obliged to help me at all. But it would be probably very simple for
you, to write down the line I have to enter. That would not take you more
than 20 seconds.
It is up to you to do it and help me or to educate me instead.

E.G.