[MPlayer-users] Please help me!

li ming liming_media at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 27 04:24:02 CEST 2002

Hi! I'm a student in WuHan University, Wuhan China. Recently I've
downloaded your application: MPlayer-0.90pre6.When I entered libavcodec,
and compiled the given example: apiexample.c, I met such problems: First,
when I executed the command "make", an error occured showing that
"fastmemcpy" and "quant_store" could not be found! Second, after noting out
those data I got the result, but the encoded video file looked so bad when
playing it by mplayer! I found that the value of "qscale" in function
ff_rate_estimate_qscale in ratecontrol.c is zero! If I set an integer value
in {1,...31} to qscale, the quality then becomes natural. So I want to
understand your ratecontrol method. But the program is so confusing to me
with it's big data struct like RateControlContext, etc. I will be very
thankful if you could help me understand your ratecontrol method! I'll be
very glad if you could tell me the IEEE artical which has discribed your
method in detail!
Thank you! (Please send to this E-mail Address, because the other is
distroyed!)
                                     Jiangshan