[MPlayer-users] Two graphicscards..

Lasse Kärkkäinen tronic at trn.iki.fi
Thu Sep 26 22:56:02 CEST 2002

>>Don't know about Linux support, but ATI cards don't support overscan in
>>Windows. In other words, they are very bad for DVDs and pretty bad for
>>other movies (but perfect for desktop, but who'd use desktop on TV anyway).

> heh? who teh hell cares windows here???

The hardware is same. Dunno if "Rage Theater"-chip (found on Radeons)
even supports non-scaled line-accurate overscan. If it does, and
information required for doing so is available, I wonder why no-one has
tweaked it to do so in Windowns.

However, I also wonder why it is so fucking difficult to get anything
above 60 Hz in Windowns, especially for non-standard modes such as
1400x1050..

- Tronic -