[MPlayer-users] Trouble compiling live.com with mplayer

Adam Kessel adam at bostoncoop.net
Wed Sep 25 23:51:02 CEST 2002

I download and compiled the LIVE.COM Streaming Media Libraries with no
problem and put them in /usr/local/lib.  mplayer's configure properly
detected their presence with --enable-live.  I compiled and installed
mplayer, and mplayer says

RTSP protocol support requires the "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" libraries!

when I try to call it with an RTSP address.

Any hints on how to troubleshoot this?  It doesn't seem to be well
documented with the mplayer docs.  Would this be more appropriately
addressed to the -dev list?
---
Adam Kessel (adam at bostoncoop.net)