[MPlayer-users] Where is the S3 Savage4 driver?

Frank Mehnert fm3 at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Wed Sep 25 13:48:02 CEST 2002

On Saturday 14 September 2002 23:37, Alessandro Selli wrote:

> NOTE: Savage cards have a slow YV12 image displaying capability (it needs
> to do YV12 to YUY2 conversion, because the Savage hardware can't display
> YV12). So when this documentation says at some point "this has YV12 output
> use this, it's faster", it's not sure. Try _this driver_, it uses MMX2 for
> this task and is faster than the native X driver.

As far as I know this is only true for "newer" Savage Chips like Savage/IX-MX
wich is used for some IBM Thinkpads. The older Savage 4 has the "old" stream
machine (see savage_video.c). This engine _has_ the YV12 mode.

Frank
--
Frank Mehnert
## Dept. of Computer Science, Dresden University of Technology, Germany ##