[MPlayer-users] Re: Re: Changing aspect-ration of an AVI file without reencoding it...

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Tue Sep 24 23:35:04 CEST 2002

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 03:35:37PM +0200, ChristianHJW wrote:

> You maybe dont care about that, but the AVI files you create that way will
> be non-playable on almost every other OS with most other players, or need
> manual adjustment of AR.

How comes that the files would get non-playable when the aspect-flag
is set correctly? I can understand that they would be played with
incorrect aspect on players which ignore the flag. But then, those
players play them with an incorrect aspect _now_, so the situation
would be no worse than it is now!

What exactly have I misunderstood?

--
-- Josef Wolf -- jw at raven.inka.de --