[MPlayer-users] -dumpstream ends with "core dumped :)"

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Sep 22 13:51:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Ok, enlighten me then. What's so funny about writing out a corrupt file?

it is not corrupt file.

> The "core" message may be a joke, but the CRC error is real, and there

the crc error is about the last audio frame, not the whole file

> is something wrong with the file at the very end. I tried to load it
> into "DVD Complete", for example, and DVD Complete recognizes it as a
> valid file and starts loading. but aborts at the end of the file. If I
> run mplayer -dumpstream -chapter 1-1 the error is at the end of chapter
> 1, but if I do -chapter 1-2 then chapter 1 is fine and the error is at
> the end of chapter 2, so there is something wrong with the way mplayer
> finalizes and closes the file.

filanlizes? closes? heh?
it is not a such media file. it's a stream, with no start and not end, just
fragments.

the -dumpstream code don't even know abut audio video etc inside, it just
copy from VOB to HDD the raw sectors!

if you do -chapter 1-1 and then -chapter 2-2 and then append the resulting
files you'll get teh same if you do -chapter 1-2

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team