[MPlayer-users] mplayer does not use divx4linux (divx5linux)

eNTi nt- at gmx.de
Thu Sep 19 02:21:01 CEST 2002

hi.

i've downloaded divx4linux from www.divx.com, installed the packages and mplayer has compiled the support into the binaries. but! when i watch a divx5 movie it ALWAYS uses the ffmpeg-divx codec and i get this message from mplayer:

Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Detected video codec: [ffodivx] vfm:ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-4)
AO: [oss] 44100Hz 2ch Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian)
Start playing...
This file was encoded with DivX500 Build413
WARNING: this version of DivX is not MPEG4 compatible, trying to workaround these bugs...

and the outcome is a completly unsync divx5 movie. i do have sync problems with dvd's too but i don't think that it is my system. that's way to fast. even my old pc could do better. i'm stuck again.

eNTi