[MPlayer-users] frame selection/editing/stop-encoding

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Sep 19 00:20:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> On the other hand, I can understand that mencoder in its current form
> might not be the best too either. Perhaps it would be worth making a
> separate movie editor program based on libmpdemux, libmpcodecs, etc.,
> but with a separate core from mplayer/mencoder...

or just drop current mencoder.c and reimplement it from scratch.
teh current code is a messy hack, i made it to make gabucino happy and
to be able to encode dvd to divx as easy as possible but in good quality
and perfect a-v sync.

the filters, video codecs are already moved to libmpcodecs, the only
thing left out is audio encoding. it should be moved into libmpcodecs too.
then mencoder.c is not more than a core which calls libmpdemux and
libmpcodecs for both decoding and encoding.

after releasing 0.90, i have plans to do big cleanup of these libraries,
to make them more mplayer-independent, so
- it's easier to implement new cores for both player and editor functions
- other projects can replace libavifile with libmpcodecs :)

yesterday i've tried to compile the test.c of libmpdemux... no way.
it depends on too much things, mostly on the new input code and config
(playtree etc). the others (fastmemcpy, mp_msg, img-format(), etc) are ok.

btw this belongs to -dev-eng.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team