[MPlayer-users] Information about GUI architecture

Harold James haroldmasterson at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 18 22:44:01 CEST 2002

Hi

I hope somebody can help me with this. Here is what I read about the GUI from your documentation: "The GUI needs GTK (it isn't GTK, but the panels are). The skins are stored in PNG format, so gtk, libpng (and their devel stuff) has to be installed."I would need some extra information about this:

Is the GTK GUI the one that is used to implement all the fancy skins shown in the mplayer project page?

Is there another GTK GUI out there that is using the plain old GTK widgets only?

I suppose the GTK version used is presumably 1.2.x. Are you planning on using version 2.x?

Does the GUI use glade for layout? And if not how is layout achieved?

Hope there is somebody out there who knows a bit more about GUI that can answer my questions.

Thanks

Harry