[MPlayer-users] videostream with mplayer over ssh

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Wed Sep 18 21:42:01 CEST 2002

> Hi,
>
> is there a chance to stream video with mplayer through a ssh-tunnel?

> A is the linux-system where the video lies and i want to tunnel with ssh
> over B and C to D, where i want to watch the video.
> Linux and ssh is installed at all systems.
>

> bye, rene

I would say it depends on the way you are gonna use it.  I have been doing that (ssh thing) for quite some time using the AA vo with no problems, haven't tried others, I would assume (no puns pls) anything that doesn't rely on suid or console (svgalib, fbdev, vesa, etc) should work, except for maybe sound and any accelerated vo (tdfx, gl, etc).  But to answer your question, yes it should work.  Have you tried yet? :)

/S. Smith