[MPlayer-users] frame selection/editing/stop-encoding

HEISERER DANIEL daniel.heiserer at bmw.de
Wed Sep 18 18:46:01 CEST 2002

> 2) After recording and encoding the movie I would like to edit it.
> e.g. get rid of certain frames, which contain commericals or some frames
> at the beginning and at the end. how can i achieve that?
> Is there a let's say sort of "sed" for mplayer,
> so I can get rid of frames like sed can get rid of lines?

use -oac copy -ovc copy -ss anb -endpos

==>
But AFAIK this seek is in seconds. In order to get accuracy I have
to specify the start and endpos in FRAMES.
I also do not know how I can seek in frames forward and especially
backward.
(I know this is not easy but for editing it is essential)

I need an exact cut.

In my eyes three seeking modes would be essential:
-seek in time (implemented)
-seek in frames
-seek in "scenes"
All should work in "pause" mode and with a bunch of scale factors such
as +/- 1/10/100/1000/..... or lets say 1^0/1^1/1^2/1^3/..../1^9
This seeking would be just important to get the exact frame-indices of
later cutting
so the mentioned A/V-snyc problem is irrelevant.

Once the exact frame positions are known it would be necessary to
implement a "frame option" into the copy mode such as
"-frames 234:22122,23122:43999" , and so on.
So only the frames 234 to 22122 and 23122 to 43999 are copied
the others are skipped. This would be a perfect cut and paste
tool then.

Is something like that alreday possible and if not doable?

thanks, daniel