[MPlayer-users] Where is the S3 Savage4 driver?

NADAS Peter peter.nadas at 7miles.hu
Wed Sep 18 14:07:02 CEST 2002

> http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html
>
> "The Linux/x86 binary was built on and for XFree86 4.2.0.  It will run
> successfully in 4.1.0, if you supply the -ignoreABI switch to override the
> version detection."
>
> Hope this helps.

hi,

A little offtopic, but it's about the savage driver.
i have a Savage/IX-MV (8mb) card in my laptop at home.
i downloaded XFree86 4.2.1, and tried the builtin driver as well as
version 1.1.25t, from the probo.com site.
in the xfree log file, it seems that everything is going well
at startup. (i don't have the log file with me, i can only post it
at the end of the week, but i'm sure that dga and xvideo is enabled)
If i try to play a movie with the xv driver, i only get a blue screen.
It's weird, 2 weeks before or so, it did go well, with acceleration.
(dunno with which driver) I tried 3 versions of mplayer, including
the cvs one. And with all drivers i got from the net. (i will try
these accelerated ones too, which Gabbucino uploaded)
The x11 driver runs smooth, but disallows scaling,
when i enable it from the config, it becomes really-really slow.
Now with the new 4.2.1 driver, even the x11 and dga driver is
slow, about 1 frames/sec..
If it counts, that's a debian3.0 with 2.4.18. (updated to sid)
Anyone knows how to fix it?

thanks
gif