[MPlayer-users] Question about mencode

Haas Wernfried w.haas at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Sep 17 23:04:02 CEST 2002

hello,
On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 09:30:54PM +0200, David Philippi wrote:
> 1. Is it possible to use the crop filter to cut away at the right side /
> bottom? I've found no way to do this - cutting the left / top works well.
of course:
crop[=w:h:x:y] (e.g. crop=720:432:0:72 - take 432 pixels from the
middle, crops away a 72 pixel bar up/down).
output of cropdetect is quite useful for this.

> 3. Is there a deinterlacing filter available yet? Combined with a cutting
> from every side this would make my life much easier.
yes (-npp li iirc, some other stuff check manpage/docs).

> 4. Is there a way to normalize the audio? I could probably extract the audio,
> pass it through sox and then again into mencode somehow but I'd still need
> something to scan for the value to normalize to.
i remember having seen some postings on the mailing list about this issue,
iirc there is a normalize-plugin (volnorm), but it only works for mplayer,
not mencoder (as all audio plugins).

btw most of this is in the docs/manpage/mailinglistarchive :)

regards,
	wernfried

--
-> Fppmpppffpppmpfpffmffmppmpm Mfpmmmmmmfmm
-> fpp.mfpmmmmmmfmm at fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp
-> mfpfmpfmppfm://fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp/~mmmppmpppmpppppmffppfppp
-> http://www.namesuppressed.com/kenny/