[MPlayer-users] Re: Display card recommendations

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Tue Sep 17 21:45:01 CEST 2002

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 09:30:54PM -0400, D Richard Felker III wrote:

> Hmm, my external vga-to-tv works rather well. I *did* spend a lot of
> time tweaking with fbset to get it working though...and it doesn't
> help that matroxfb rounds the values you give it without telling you
> how it rounded them...

Is this a homebrew adaptor? If it is homebrew: would you like to share
the circuit drawings and the software setup?

I am currently considering a VGA->SCART adapter. IMHO this should be
not very compilcated, since SCART can eat RGB. AFAICS the most
complicated thing would be the XFconfig to meet the TV freq's.
Second problem would be to choose good cable so the signal quality
would not be hurt on the 15 meters from PC to TV :)

--
-- Josef Wolf -- jw at raven.inka.de --