[MPlayer-users] iMovie-created .MOV file exits early

Stefan Recksiegel sr at particle.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Sep 17 08:05:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Interesting.... I can convert my .mov to .avi fine - but only the amount
>
>  mencoder CastleWinchesterWalkthrough.mov -divx4opts br=1200:key=250:q=5
> -o CastleWinchesterWalkthrough.avi -ovc divx4 -oac mp3lame -lameopts
> br=192:cbr

OK, you are actually reencoding it, but since my MOVs have a DIVX stream
already (the fourCC is actually 3VID for some files, I had to alias this to
DIV3 to make them playable. Maybe this should be put into the codecs file ?)
I just wanted to move the streams from a MOV to an AVI container,

> sr at srserv:~/movies > mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -o 13thFloor.avi 13thFloor.mov

I can't see why this should not work ! I tried the same thing with
MPG streams, no problem to put them into an AVI container.

Any ideas ?                       Stefan

* Stefan Recksiegel              stefan AT recksiegel.de *
* B 201, Estate Pia                 Tel. +8190-2423-6753 *
* Kaname 427-5                      Fax. +4969-791265045 *
* Tsukuba, Ibaraki 300-2622, Japan                       *