[MPlayer-users] Re: Display card recommendations

Steven Adeff adeffs at rpi.edu
Tue Sep 17 01:52:08 CEST 2002

Cool, I actually started relevant conversation on this...

I understand what Robert is saying, that there very well could be source that
NVidia uses in their drivers that they shouldn't, and that is a concern.
Though that never seems to be part of the arguement. The arguement always
comes out as "they are anti-open source, open source drivers are always
better and therefore all linux drivers should be open source"(though not
actually quoted). While that's fine and well for low quality "official"
drivers, NVidia manages to put out quality drivers for linux. I think we need
to spend more of the time bashing NVidia on screaming at ATI and Matrox(as
far as graphic cards manufacturers) for not having linux drivers of this
quality(though ATI is working their way there, which isn't saying much when
one looks at the quality of their windows drivers...).

Then we have to worry about protecting the IP owners of GPL style licensed
code from having it stolen by company's in the manner of which you speak.

--
Steven Adeff
ADEFFS at RPI.EDU

Those who can think, do; those who cannot, dress funny.

"Bodies are for hookers and fat people" - Bender

You can teach the ignorant, with the stupid there is no hope.

"You see, eventually your music will help put an end to war
and poverty, it will align the planets and bring them into
universal harmony, allowing meaningful contact with all
forms of life."
-Bill 'n' Teds Excellent Adventure