[MPlayer-users] Timed recording?

GD Lewis gdltek1 at dfnow.com
Mon Sep 16 18:51:01 CEST 2002

On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 17:42, Chris Phillips wrote:
> > Is there anyway that I can set it so that it will automatically
> > terminate based on a certain condition?
>
> of course there is. *R*T*F*M*, or does your manpage not work???
>

>     -endpos <time|byte position>
>               Stop encoding at given time or byte position. Can be
> specified in many ways:
>
>                   -endpos 56        encode only 56 seconds
>                   -endpos 01:10:00  encode only 1 hour 10 minutes
>                   -endpos 100mb     encode only 100 MBytes

Of course I RTFM, I wouldn't ever dream of asking a question in this list if I didn't for fear  of looking like a total dick.

I did know about this option, I just wasn't sure if it applied only to
local feeds or not.  Since streams are not seekable, I didn't think that
this option applied.  So it seems that this functionality is based on
external functions and not info encoded in the feed itself.  Good.

Now I know, thanks for your concise (if curt) response.

:-)

--
Grant D. Lewis
Running Gentoo Linux kernel 2.4.19-r7 on a GenuineIntel i686

"Those who define new paradigms for the world are often considered
strange at first"