[MPlayer-users] ripping subtitles / subtitles problems

Kim Minh Kaplan kmkaplan at selfoffice.com
Mon Sep 16 14:27:02 CEST 2002

Lethal Weapon writes:

> After reading the docs, and many tries, i still wonder if this is
> possible: to rip subtitles in .ifo/.sub .idx format, and only the
> subtitles.

Yes, you have to do something like:

    $ mencoder -dvd 1 -o /dev/null -oac copy -ovc copy \
        -vobsubout subtitles -vobsuboutindex 0 -sid 0

I think this should be added in the documentation...

> what i did is "ln -s /dev/null fameno.avi" and then launch the sub-rip

Wow, *never* do that for mencoder unless you intend to produce empty files!

> Isn't their a way to rip all languages vobsubs at the same time?

No, you have to do a pass for each subtitle.

Kim Minh.