[MPlayer-users] Request for more verbose information from dvds

Thomas Malt tm at false.linpro.no
Mon Sep 16 12:32:02 CEST 2002

Chris Phillips <chris at thirtythreeandathird.net> writes:

> I'm still not aware of a decent ripping GUI for linux, maybe i'll
> actually do something serious abuot this, maybe not...

In addition to the excellent 'mencoder' there is also the excellent
'transcode':
<http://www.theorie.physik.uni-goettingen.de/~ostreich/transcode/>

Transcode has a GUI written in perl: dvd::rip
<http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/>

You should try it out. Mencoder have some strengths, transcode has
others. Personally I'm back using mencoder because of the excellent
libavcodec-mpeg4 support. Transcode has support for more input and
ouput formats, and (maybe) a cleaner module based architecture.

Thomas
--
               Thomas Malt, http://www.malt.no | Ingen gris kom til skada
    If you really need to call: +47 977 48 504 | under innspelningen!