[MPlayer-users] Re: Display card recommendations

Thargor realthargor at gmx.net
Sat Sep 14 00:19:02 CEST 2002

> > Seems like people have blaimed nvidia for too long, and times are
> > changing. Personally I'm glad to read this, since some nvidia-based
> > cards are very cheap nowdays. But I'll never change my favorite G400
> > for anything but another Matrox :)

> btw, did someone try/test the new matrox parhelia card under linux?
> afaik no 3d drivers yet, but there should be 2d support available.
> i wonder how good is it, is there support for 10-bit yuv, tvout etc...

> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

Yesterday Matrox released beta drivers for Xfree.
Works fine, no more garbage on console after start xserver, but 32bit is
not supported :-(

Dual monitor works, but you cant switch back to console. got two
blackscreens.

I have tried a mini-hack on mga_vid and run parhelia as mg400 with 128MB RAM.
Only with 16MB and in Dualmode i can see some sort of testimage from
mag_vid_test on the second screen, but its only a small line of
pixelgarbage at the bottom.

--
Thargor