[MPlayer-users] how to evaluate ripped dvd size

Steffen Barszus st_barszus at gmx.de
Fri Sep 13 19:00:02 CEST 2002

Am Freitag, 13. September 2002 16:06 schrieb Chris Phillips:
> i don't *think* i actually edited anything relevant, just compiled it in
> the actual source directory with something like
>
> gcc main.c vstrip.c parse_ifo.c in_buffer.c file_io.c -D__UNIX__ -lm

still doesn't compile here, maybe another version of the source ... or i'm
just to dumb , till I'm not a compiling crack

> i've attached my perl script which will find the main title in any dvd and
> auto rip it if it's of any interest to you. still being written of course.

Thanx for this, this is what I have searched for, a simple 'ripdvd output.avi'
Just have some wishes ;o):

- cropping should be done for sure (with the cropdetect feature?),
- till we have now ifo-parsing, it would be nice to have interactive
language-choosing of the audio -aid 128 (0x80) isn't always the wanted audio
- maybe an interactive decission how many CDs should be used (decided on the
computed bitrate) and/or decission which resolution to use (full/640x*/480x*)

after this , all should be perfect :o)))

> > can you mail me your edited sources, so I can get it to compile too, or
> > maybe the compiled vstrip ? I would really like to play around with it.
> >
> > Greats
> >
> > Steffen

-------Computer are like air conditioners:------------
-They stop working properly if you open windows!--