[MPlayer-users] Recording TV stream

SMuelas smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Fri Sep 13 12:53:02 CEST 2002

Recently I have included in my computer a TV card. I have tried to
record TV sports & films directly with mencoder and the result is
astonishing. Almost perfect. Just a small decrease in the quality of
colors as some "bands" appears, but seeing it after decreasing the color
is very good. And the advantage of recording it directly in divx, in a
few months or a couple of years will make videos obsolete.
There is just one point that I have not been able to correct, and this
is the small delay between image and sound. It is not serious as playing
it with  "mplayer -delay 0.5 file.avi" , the problem is solved but it
would be much better to have the original file totally correct.
Anyone could give me some ideas on improving this small problems ?
Alternatively, anyone knows how could I "re-pass" trough mencoder the
file correcting the audio-video delay ?

JUST FOR TENNIS FANS:
If someone is interested I recorded the semifinal match of the U.S. Open
between Agassi and Hewit....  :-)