[MPlayer-users] Sound+Video async with Mencoder

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Sep 12 22:36:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > as far as i know the svcd files are mpegs......correct me if i'm wrong..
> not fully, the svcd-files are *.bin, iso-images for cd-rom.
>
> > theoretically you can simply concatenate the mpegs to merge them...
> > and now you have one mpeg file which can be converted into avi..
> i tried it, but it won't work because the files aren't only mpegs but
> full cd-images.
they are mpegs on cd images, but as it's raw image it's teh same as teh mpeg
itself. concatenating bin files actually work, i did it many times,
even better: i used them from .rar files:
(rar p film-cd1.rar ; rar p film-cd2.rar ) | mencoder .... -
where the .rar files contain .bin and .cue files of svcd.

> If there is a way to extract the raw mpeg2-files out of the images, the
> method may work - but i don't know such a way.
mplayer -dumpstream
but 'cp' or 'dd' is faster :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team