[MPlayer-users] dumpsub question

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Sep 12 19:28:01 CEST 2002

Hi

On Thursday 12 September 2002 17:45, Green, Shaun wrote:

> >Now the significative:
> >i)Why do you choose keyframe=999999? Can you look for in the movie
> >forward
> >and back with the left-right keys? Here I use the default 250
>
> Sure, it works great.
no, it doesnt

> That specification puts key frames only at scene
> changes, which is where you want them. Every 250 is very wasteful and
and it will create undecodeable files ... 300 is about the max anyone should
use ...

> creates too large of a file.
0.5% size difference perhaps ...

> Note: you need to specify -vc odivx however to
> decode, because unfortunately the libav (ffmpeg) won't decode divx5
> properly and has color bleeding problems.
no
hint: keyframe: 999999 is illegal -> the file is not even slightly valid, if u
dont belive me try any encoder and try to decode it with a decoder with a
different IDCT
hint2: odivx, divx4, divx5 use the same IDCT

[...]
> I have a short clip I could send or
> ftp if anyone is interested of the ffmpeg problems.
no

[...]

Michael