[MPlayer-users] Sound+Video async with Mencoder

Rene Caspari debian at ahrcas.net
Thu Sep 12 15:53:01 CEST 2002

Am Thu, 12 Sep 2002, gabor wrotes:

> > i have encoded 3 svcd-files with the 3-pass method to DivX.[1]
> > After it, i have merged the avi-files with avimerge.[2]
> > In the one big avi the sound is asynchronous but in the 3 more little
> > parts it is ok.
>
> try it the other way..
>
> as far as i know the svcd files are mpegs......correct me if i'm wrong..
not fully, the svcd-files are *.bin, iso-images for cd-rom.

> theoretically you can simply concatenate the mpegs to merge them...
> and now you have one mpeg file which can be converted into avi..
i tried it, but it won't work because the files aren't only mpegs but
full cd-images.

If there is a way to extract the raw mpeg2-files out of the images, the
method may work - but i don't know such a way.

bye, rene
--
Multimedia at the living room? - http://dmes.ahrcas.net
/* Computer Science @ Chemnitz University of Technology */