[MPlayer-users] Re: Multiple audio streams

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Sep 11 15:55:15 CEST 2002

Hi,

> "Jan Engelhardt" <jengelh at linux01.gwdg.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:Pine.LNX.4.33.0209101759060.9439-100000 at linux01.gwdg.de...
> > I heard that an AVI file can have 1 video stream and up to 99 audio
> streams.
> > How do I pass WAVe files to mencoder, I donot think adding
> multiple -audiofile
> > will work, will it?
>
> AVI cant have more than one audio stream.

not true.

read the avi 1.0 ff specs at msdn...

avi chunks has XXYY fourcc, where XX is stream id in dec (00, 01, 02 ... 99)
while YY is db for uncompressed (cbr) video, dc for compressed video (vbr)
and wb for audio (cbr). it does nothing with opendml, odml is about
indexing the >2GB files.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team