[MPlayer-users] subtitles with dxr3

Robert R. Wal rrw at hell.pl
Wed Sep 11 04:16:01 CEST 2002

Hi.

I have a problem with subtitles on dxr3 that I always forget to mention
on the list.

When I watch DVD with -vo dxr3 and want to see the VOB subtitles with
-sid or -slang... I see them, for a fraction of second and with wrong
colors.

I browsed the vo_dxr3.c source and one from not many things I could
understand is that the color for subtitles is never set[1].

And why are those subtitles showed for such a short period of time is
beyond my imagination (and knowledge) ;)

OSD (clock and equalizers) on the other hand works great on dxr3
while watching DVD, and also when displaying text subtitles no matter if
I watch DVD or AVI/OGM.

So the obvious workaround would be to display
vobsubs from DVD through OSD, but I couldn't find the way to do this.

BTW I've encountered one problem with OSD on dxr3. When I set subtitle
position with -subpos 100 while watching 720x576 16x9 DVD with text
subtitles, the subtitles are too high, at about 70% of the screen
(counting from the top). And subpos doesn't like arguments over 100.

Robert

PS. mplayer-0.90pre7

[1] EM8300_IOCTL_SPU_SETPALETTE is never used

--
Bastard Operator From 149.156.96.35