[MPlayer-users] dumpsub question

martin pavon martin_199ar at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Sep 10 16:46:01 CEST 2002

> martin pavon writes:

> > encoding.html where there is nothing at all (at least grep dumpsub *
don't
> > show nothing new)

> Grep for vobsubout instead.

> Kim Minh.

Hi Kim !!!!!

Indeed the problem is with vobsub subtitle.

I've ripped and encoding Apocalipsis now redux, and I want to burn it in
tree cds with subtitles in vobsub format. To do it, I have two ways,
both with troubles:

i) With subtitle2vobsub: This is a good program (is an alpha version, but
I think it is ok) that let you split the vobsub files to fit in each cd.
The problem is that it needs the subtitles stream. Usually you get the
stream with tcextract (this program belongs to the transcode package) and
then convert to vobsub; but the stream that provied tcextract is buggy:
One lost subtitles and they are out of sync at the end of the movie.

ii) With mencoder -vobsubout etc. It does a great job. The vobsub
subtitles
are fine, but I can't (or I don't know how) split the file to fit each cd;
I can pass -endpos option but -ss doesn't work (I suppose this is because
I pipe the vob trough mencoder:
cat vob/007/apocalisis-00?.vob |mencoder etc. - )

So, I want to try extract the subtitle stream with mplayer and pass it
to subtitle2vobsub ... But I can't get this stream. Actually, I'm thinking
there is a bug in mplayer, but I'm not sure. I'm going to do more test,
and
eventualy I submitt a bugreport to the developers (after read
bugreports.html off course).

Any way, thank you very much for your answer and I apreciate any other
idea.

Regards,

Martin

Ahora podés usar Yahoo! Messenger desde tu celular. Aprendé cómo hacerlo en Yahoo! Móvil: http://ar.mobile.yahoo.com/sms.html