[MPlayer-users] playing videos with mplayer inside mozilla?

Chris Snyder chris at psydeshow.org
Mon Sep 9 21:19:02 CEST 2002

Rob Hudson wrote:

>I found there was a
>mplayerplugin at mozdev, but with very little info.

I'm in the middle of trying to get this to work on FreeBSD, and it does,
*kind of* with plugger:
http://www.hubbe.net/~hubbe/plugger.html

It's a plugin that lets you assign different executables to various mime
types in Mozilla, but the conf file syntax is hellish, and needs to be
made mplayer-centric. (It currently tries to use mtvp or xanim for most
things.)

By the way, if anyone has a pluggerrc file that takes full advantage of
current mplayer features, please let me know as it's on my to-do list to
get the FreeBSD port updated with an mplayer-only pluggerrc. (Yikes,
what a sentence, sorry.)

Cheers!

    chris.