[MPlayer-users] Video scaling for GeForce cards

Dooferlad dooferlad at thelongslide.com
Mon Sep 9 12:04:06 CEST 2002

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 10:24:14PM +0200, gabor farkas wrote:

Thanks for the responces, my DSL is down for a week as of yesterday so I
didn't have a chance to read this until I got to work, and I won't be able
to check Jason's mode specs until next weekend, but thanks anyway. All
useful stuff.

> what problems do you exactly have?

The picture does not decode correctly for some frames, where the movement
vector has not been decoded fully is my guess. MPlayer actually says that
it can't open the YUV scaler, so that is how I know what part of the
problem is. I will have a play with more DVD's this week - Buffy Season 2
appeared to be OK with Pre 6, apart from broken SP-DIF out. I expect that
it is a lower bitrate than a movie, and would be less effort to decode and
scale (it is also a lower resolution). I will try it again with Pre 7 and
see if the picture is still OK.

--
    Dooferlad
  [ http://www.thelongslide.com ]